When visiting Petersburg for the first time, a lot of guests of our city are concerned that their hotel will be located too far from all the attractions and there will be nothing of interest nearby… We understand you and we can guarantee that you will make it in no time by walking to the following places:
- Lenfilm. Yeah, really, no kidding).Few are aware that an experienced tour guide will share with you a lot of interesting facts and legends not only from the history of Lenfilm studio, but also from the history of universal cinema. Cinema hall “UNDER COLUMNS”, “LENFILM”.WAR AND CINEMA” AND “GARAGE”; besides, during the tour you will be able to see authentic costumes from the movies from the Lenfilm “Golden collection”. For instance, a costume of the fool from the movie “Twelfth Night”, and costume of Ichthyander from “Amphibian Man”. Or a dress of Elizabeth Taylor starring as a fairy in the first mutual Soviet-American fairy-tale film “Blue Bird”.
- Palace of ballerina Mathilde Kschessinska. Strange as it may appear, but now the Museum of Russian Political History is located here. This building is a canonical example of the northern Modern.
- Aurora Cruiser. Museum exposition is devoted to this cruiser which is a veteran of three wars: Russo-Japanese War, World War I and the Great Patriotic War. According to the stock photos and drawings, Orthodox ship church was restored extinct in 1917. Church service is performed there on the holy days and at the weekend.
- Peter and Paul Fortress. It needs no introduction: this is where the history of the Northern capital begins. And yes, it is really true that they fire a gun every day at 12 o’clock).
- Benois House. It is a historical and cultural landmark of regional significance. This tenement building was constructed on request of the First Russian Insurance Company in neo-classicism style upon the project of L. N. Benois, Yu. Yu. Benois and А. N. Benois featuring А. I. Gunst. A lot of writers, composers and theatrical personalities lived there. For example, Shostakovich. Kirov’s museum is located there now (affiliated branch of St. Petersburg Museum of History).On its semi-basement floor sidewise the Kamennoostrovsky avenue, the Ostrov Theatre gives its plays with the Museum of writer and playwright А.М. Volodin in the lobby.
- Museum of Military History of Artillery, Engineering and Signal Corps. It is one of the largest museums of military history in the world having comprehensive collections of artillery pieces and ammunition, small and cold arms, military engineering equipment, war communications, colours, military dresses, battle paintings and graphic arts, honours and badges, as well as archival records, evidencing the history of development of the Russian army artillery, feats of arms of defenders of the Fatherland.
- Saint Petersburg Planetarium. Reveal the secrets of the Universe for yourself).
- Leningrad Zoo. The zoo with the show for kids where you can ride a horse and watch different animals: from bears to giraffes. And we will let you in on a secret: there are kiddie amusement rides on its territory)
- Baltic House Theatre-Festival. The fabulous stage performances of this theatre have already made a mesh on millions of people. Except for the performances on two stages, fascinating and interesting festivals take place there.
- Music-Hall. It is a concert hall with age-long history. Classical concerts and stage performances are held there.
- Saint Petersburg cathedral mosque. It is an architectural monument and functional church. Non-Muslim persons can visit museum within a tour in order to get to know the Islam culture and to see the stunning interior of the church. Keep in mind that you have to apply for a visit at least 2 weeks before visiting. For more information please contact the administrator.
- Cabin of Peter the Great. It is a wooden house of Peter the Great where he took up his residency in 1703, as well as a museum with authentic tsar’s belongings.
This list can be endless. For more information please contact our administrators.